Monday, October 12, 2009

Knowing a bit of history

I'm not a history buff like my husband is. He'd watch the History Channel all the time if we'd let him. He also is one who doesn't mind reading history books. Yes. He's very interested in that kind of stuff. Me? Not so much. We're definitely opposites in that regard. But I do know about the big events in our history. I think that all adult Americans should know the basics of our history. Right?

I just finished watching last night's episode of The Amazing Race and I was shocked. Shocked? Yes. Flabbergasted that only TWO contestants recognized a famous American in a photo. I mean all the contestants are older than 20, so they should have known who this person was. She was an American fashion icon. She was a former First Lady. She in the tabloids when she was alive.

Who pray tell was this person the Amazing Race contestants didn't recognize?

Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

Other guesses?
  • A Cambodian Princess
  • Queen Elizabeth
  • Someone of Cambodian descent

Now if it had been Beavis & Butthead in the photo? I'm sure everyone would have known who they were. But Jackie O? Oy!

Additionally, I have to say that I can't stand Lance - the Lawyer. I'm not sure that this show has been a good image booster for him. I wouldn't want him as my attorney because he flies off the handle all the time. He can't seem to contain himself. Very annoying. Reminds me of my neighbor-across-the-street (NATS). Blah!

But I continue to watch the show because I love to see everywhere they go. I like to see who handles the pressure and who doesn't. It's fun to watch the contestants' relationships evolve. Love it!

No comments: