Friday, October 30, 2009

Tired from a morning with the Bear

The Bear and I had a wonderful time together today.

We went to the ZOO!

No. He didn't play hookey. It was a treat for the K-3rd graders for getting a specific number of reading hours for the 1st quarter.

I have to tell you that this is one of the most fun outings. The kids love seeing the animals. They love having lunch at the park next to the zoo. AND they love being able to play in the park with all their school friends. For us parents? We end up taking home pretty tired kids. T-I-R-E-D. Right now the Bear is laying on the couch watching an old movie.

The Princess is actually still at school. Still at school? Yes. The 4th-8th graders stayed at school and their reading hours earned them play time on games. Parents brought in Wii's and PlayStations for the kids to play on. So even though they were at school? The "older" kids were able to play video games.

The Bear and I will be headed out to pick up the Princess in another 15 minutes or so. But I have to say it's been a nice day.

I leave you with photos of my "little cowboy"...


No comments: