Friday, November 13, 2009

NaBloPoMo - Entry 13

Today the headache settled into a dull ache. Not the pounding mess that it's been the last few days. I'm so glad I'm feeling better but seriously ready to no longer have a headache. You know?

Thankfully the kids haven't been hit with it like me. The Bear had a milder version of it last week but he's fully recovered. The Princess hasn't shown anything sign of a cough [knocking on wood]. The Hubs felt a little scratchy but hasn't had a headache.

Today I did manage to take an easy run/walk. I ended up only running about a mile and walking the other mile. I did feel good after. Tired but good. The rest of the day I did feel tired. I took a nap around 1pm. What's crazy? After dinner, I fell asleep on the couch! I was THAT exhausted that when I closed my eyes I fell asleep. Hopefully I'm just tired from my run/walk after not been exercising for almost 2 weeks.

Interestingly enough, I got a call from my Mom tonight. Out of the blue. She doesn't normally call unless she's got something going on that I need to know about. The reason she called? Because she'd been thinking about me the last few days. She felt that something wasn't right. She thought maybe it was my medication. I let her know that I've been sick and that I hadn't been sleeping well for 2 weeks. Aha! She had that strange Spidey-sense Mom-intuition thing going. She was very relieved to hear that I was on the upswing to feeling better. But I think she was also relieved that her sense of unease had a reason. Funny how a Mom can just "feel" when something isn't right, eh?

Anyway, I'm crossing my fingers that I'll feel all better tomorrow. It so totally sucks being sick....

No comments: