Saturday, November 7, 2009

NaBloPoMo - Entry 7

Don't you just love it when you're feeling under the weather and your kids have activities that they need to attend?

Oh joy!

I took the Princess to a Girl Scout activity at our local library around 10am. The girls are learning to quilt, so they were getting experience with sewing by hand and sewing on a machine. The Princess was able to make her first sewing project in less than hour. She made a nice little pot holder for me. She enjoyed using the sewing machine. Of course, she did have to get used to the foot pedal. But once she got it? She did great.

The Bear attended a birthday party for one of his neighborhood friends. They did a treasure hunt for "gold". They danced while the boy's older brother played guitar hero. They got into teams and "raced" to create a mummy with toilet paper. Of course, there was a pinata that took the kids a while to break. After each of the kids had two chances to hit the pinata, the Mom ended up turning it over and splitting it. Such a relief for everyone.

My yuckiness has turned into a head cold. I've now got nasal congestion along with some sneezing. I seriously don't like it when there's pressure in my head. I've been taking a Motrin about twice a day to take the edge off. Mainly I've just been drinking water and attempting to rest. Ha!

But I do hope that tomorrow will be a HUGE day of rest for me. Hopefully the Hubs will let me sleep in since I woke up with the kids this morning. I hope...I hope...I hope...

No comments: