Friday, December 11, 2009

Who's playing & talking with who?

On the drive to school the Princess was explaining how she was chatting with a couple girls at school.

Princess: I was talking with Alice and Carmen about.... 

Me: Carmen is Mr. C's daughter right? 

Princess: Yes. 

Me: Who's Alice? 

Princess: She's older too. I think she's an 8th grader. 

Bear: Alice? She's in 7th grade. 

Me: Bear, you know Alice? 

Bear: Yeah. Alice knows me. She's nice. She plays football with us. [non-challantly] 

Me: Oh yeah?

I know my kids' school is small. I mean, there are maybe 110 kids there from kindergarten to 8th grade. But people? My son is in 1st grade. He knows and plays with a 7th grader. A 7th grade girl. GIRL!

Just imagine when my son is in 7th grade. You think maybe he'll already be chatting with 11th grade girls? [cringing inside]

No comments: