Saturday, February 13, 2010

Kicking Fighting and Screaming

The Hubs and kids drove up to spend some time with my ILs today.

Me?

I'm at home alone. Yes. I chose to stay home instead of going on the 1.5 hour drive up to just sit around at my IL's house.

What am I doing with my alone time? Cleaning. I spent a few hours cleaning up. Knowing that the house would stay clean. At least until they come home later on today.

4 loads of laundry (washed, dried, & put away). Vacuum'd up and downstairs. Cleaned the 2.5 bathrooms. Swept and mopped the bathrooms and downstairs tile. Washed and put away all the dishes. Yeah! The house smells like lavender and clorox. Lovely!

And now I'm finally resting. Sitting in front of my computer. In search of a job. Yes. I'm on the look-out for a new job. I'm hoping to find a new job in San Diego. [sigh] Remember how I tried to find one last summer? Well, we all know that THAT didn't pan out like I'd dreamed it would. But with the new "bad taste in my mouth" feeling I'm venturing out and looking once more.

I actually did submit my resume to 2 places this week. Hmmm...I wonder I conveyed my desire properly? You see, I have a hard time "tooting my own horn" when it comes to applying for a job. Once I am physically IN an office? I am comfortable showing people the value that I can add. [sigh] But actually getting myself IN is the battle.

Hopefully I'm up for this battle.

No comments: