Sunday, April 25, 2010

Taking it one day at a time

Now that today is basically done? I've got only six full days here at home before I head off.

This week is going to be filled with busy-ness.

My daughter is going on a field trip to meet Jane Goodall.

My son has three baseball games.

The Hubs may need to look into leasing a car since his car died on him suddenly yesterday.

I've got a follow-up appointment with my primary care physician to talk about my health (my blood pressure and my acid reflux) before I leave.

The kids' school has Field Day -- a full day at the park for the entire school -- and I volunteered to help.

My daughter also has two Girl Scout events scheduled on Saturday.

Y'all? I drive out next Sunday!

So today I did do a little bit of cleaning. I looked through all my bathroom stuff and threw a bunch of items out. I also put the stuff I need to bring, but don't need daily, into some plastic containers.

I also went through and got all my sweaters/cardigans into another plastic box along with all my workout gear (shorts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, leggings). I've got a second container where I've thrown in my jammies and will throw in my undergarments and socks into it on Saturday night.

I decided to keep all the stuff that's currently hung in my closet on their hangars. I'll just lay all of it flat in the back of my car. This way I won't have to deal with removing the hangars and packing it all and then having to put the hangars back on when I get to my folks. Double the work for no real reason? Forget about it!

So as you can see? It's going to be a busy week for me. Some of you could handle what I've got to do with ease. But me? It's kind of getting to me.

But? I'll just take it one day at a time and go with the flow. TRY not to stress out. Try to appreciate each day I have left with the kids and the Hubs here at home. Because we'll soon have our new home in SoCal near my family.

I'll try my best to be like this little guy...

No comments: