Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Alive and kicking and (hopefully) on the mend

Today I had my second doctor's appointment since I've relocated to my hometown.

My first appointment was with an internal medicine doc. After finding out about my acid reflux situation, he recommended that I visit a gastroenterologist. And today was the day I saw the new 2nd doc.

It was a good visit. I felt VERY comfortable with the gastroenterologist. She was very easy to talk to. She listened. A trait that some doctors don't have, you know?

I ended up getting some blood drawn before I left the facility. Just a few vials. I guess she wants to find out if I've got a high level of H.pylori in my stomach or not. Everyone has some H.pylori in their stomach. There is an unlucky portion of the population whose count is really high, which can result in nausea (check), bloating (check), frequent burping (check), vomiting, and weight loss.

I'm starting on some new meds today as well. I'm going to be taking Zantac in the evening and some other new acid reflux med that's similar (but different) to Nexium in the morning. I do so hope this helps me. I'm seriously tired of having to sleep on my back on my 6" wedge and TRYING not to turn on my side. Ay-yay-yay! I'm a side-sleeper!!!!

I'll be visiting my internist in about two weeks and my gastroenterologist in about four weeks. We'll see if my health gets better in the next few days. The next few weeks.

I'm crossing my fingers and my toes!

No comments: