Sunday, August 8, 2010

Relaxing Sunday

Rather than stay home and hang out like we'd normally do, I decided to take the kids out and about.

Rather than attend the normal service we go to, the kids and I attended the early service. It was nice though not what we're used to. The earlier service has a more contemporary approach than the traditional one we usually go to. 

We then headed out to the local Children's Museum. A place we've never visited. The bonus of going today was that every 2nd Sunday of the months it's free. Yes. Free! The kids had a good time. A couple hours of checking things out. It was nice.

My two sharing a chariot:
My Princess just had to leave an artistic mark:
The two are deep in concentration working with clay:
My daughter wanted to climb each and every part of this room:
My son just wanted to climb anything, even the rope:
Blowing bubbles made the kids laugh:
They could have blown bubbles all afternoon:
It was definitely a nice couple of hours:


We were all hungry by then, so we ate at a little place near the museum. The 222 Cafe was really small but the food was GOOD. The Bear had regular order of waffles. The Princess had an order of pumpkin waffles. I ate Green Eggs and Spam -- which was scrambled eggs with spinach and spam along with some wheat toast and potatoes.

Did you have a good Sunday with the ones you love?

No comments: