Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ugly day in store

My kids have been on Winter Break for TWO weeks.

Tomorrow will be their first day back at school.

For the last two weeks, my kids have been going to sleep later than normal and sleeping in later than normal.

They are totally off their normal schedule.

Last night we spent the night at my sister's house after spending the day with the rest of our extended family.

All the kids went to sleep around midnight.



Needless to say, the kids have been cranky and irritable with me because they've been tired.

Ay-yay-yay!

So I'm expecting the kids to be HORRIBLE when I try to wake them up tomorrow morning.

I mean, wouldn't you expect your kids to be in terrible moods after relaxing for two weeks?

My way of combating this expected behavior was to get the kids into bed early tonight.

How early you ask?

I send them to their bathrooms to shower at 7pm.

And they were each in bed by about 7:45pm.

Yes.

I got them into bed THAT early. Am I crazy?

No, I don't think so.

I'm just trying to minimize the drama that'll happen in the morning.

How many of you are not looking forward to getting YOUR kids back into their normal school routine?

No comments: