Saturday, March 26, 2011

My days typically look like this...

For me, weekdays follow a basic scenario.

Some might consider it boring.

Some people like to have a routine.

There are days where I get totally frustrated. There are days where time flies. Of course, there are those days that drag like nobody's business.

6:20 am:  Friday started with this. The Bear's homework is due every Friday morning, so I had to compile all the paperwork. He's been so happy with his work lately. He's been getting 4's (on a scale from 1 to 4) because he's been doing extra sheets from a workbook we've got here at home.
7:15 am:  The kids and I normally head out of the house. My son, of course, is all packed with his jacket on. My daughter? She needs to be prodded and cajoled and convinced that we've leaving. LEAVING! Note that she doesn't have her socks or a jacket on. She's just finishing brushing her hair here. Ay-yay-yay!

7:49am:  My drive to work can take from 25 to 40 minutes depending on traffic. Actually, it depends on how many accidents there are on the freeway, where 95% of my commute occurs.
7:53am:  As I drove up to my last turn into the parking lot, it inevitably started to sprinkle.
8 am: I still made it to my desk on time though! Woohoo!
8:23 am:  I ended up getting a breakfast muffin to go along with my morning coffee (decaf) and water. It was a yummy treat.
11:28 am:  I head out to lunch around 11:30. I usually sit at my desk the entire morning crunching stuff into the computer/database. So an early lunch is just what I need to stretch out and laugh a bit. Yes. Laughter is just what I need after such a quiet (albeit busy) morning. You like my little sign?
4:42 pm:  And the afternoon flew by. I'm supposed to leave at 4, but I've been staying until after 5. Here's all my stuff that I needed to bring home. My purse. My 2 lunchboxes. My water container, which I fully love since it keeps my cold water from sweating on my desk and papers. My leftover strawberries and Greek yogurt. And there's my darn empty pill case for my daily meds.

5:08 pm:  Finally, I took off for home. Yeah!
5:18 pm:  Here is the glorious sight as I started my drive home. The clouds had parted and sun shined brightly. BEAUTIFUL!

I was so happy to see that the wait to get onto the freeway wasn't so bad. I was only about 15 cars back when I got in line. What was even better was that there was no accidents. I ended up getting home in 20 minutes. I was able to go to the grocery store before I picked up the kids.
6:22 pm:  The kids and I sat down for dinner.

6:23 pm:  Here's what I mainly ate. Romaine/spinach salad with mozzarella cheese, dried cranberries, and croutons with balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Yum!

11 pm:  I finally went to bed. After the kids went to bed, I got on Netflix and watched more of The Office. Folks? I'd never watched the show. EVER. My sister and I were recently talking and she watches it. She knows my own co-workers drive me batty many days of the week and said that I would thoroughly enjoy it. It's dry humor, but I am enjoying it.

My weekdays are just like this. EVERY. DAY.

That's why I enjoy relaxing on the weekends with the kids. Here's what we did today!
 That's right. We hit a local track meet. Saw some running. Saw some of the shot put.
 It was a beautiful. Check out the sky!
 But it was a little cool out when the wind blew across the field. Here's the Princess laying out with a blanket on.
 She's such a clown. She was acting like the sun was "burning" her eyes because it was so bright out. Ha!
My nephew's been throwing the javelin for a couple years but this is his first year throwing the disc. He's doing great. Today he got a PR of 127.03! Yeah!

Are your weekdays as scheduled as mine? Do you relish the thought of weekends where you can fit in a nap or just cuddle on the couch with your loved ones?

Is yoWhat did you do today?

No comments: