Monday, September 27, 2004

Birthday girl day

The Princess had a good birthday.

Since Friday was a school day, we ordered some cupcakes for the kids. This way everyone could help celebrate the day. My hubby picked them up from the store at 7:30am. The bakery told me they'd be baking the cupcakes the night before and putting them into the freezer overnight. I got my hubby to pick them up early so the cupcakes could defrost a bit before 10:30am snacktime. We drove by my hubby's work (which is on the way to school) to pick up the cupcakes and so that he could give the Princess a birthday kiss. Then we dropped the Princess off at school. The director, Michelle, and her assistant, Helen, saw us walk into the office and both said "Happy Birthday Princess!" That made her smile. Then when she walked into her class, a couple other girls in class came up and wished her a happy birthday. She was all smiles when we left.

When we picked her up at noon, I found out that they all sang to her when it was snacktime. She was able to pick her cupcake (chocolate) and she saved the decoration (a Princess ring) to bring home. I went thru McDonald's drive-thru and got her some nuggets (her favorite meal) and an apple pie. She was ecstatic to eat some dessert for her snack!

We had a quiet afternoon at home. My hubby had to work late, so I made macaroni and cheese with a side of sliced nectarines for dinner. The Princess loves mac'n'cheese so she felt terrific. My hubby finally came home. Then around 7pm we got her presents out and had her open them. She got six simple gifts. She's already put together her puzzles! Her couch is prominently and safely tucked away in her bedroom (so the Bear won't get to it). She's using it to lounge when she's "reading" her books and putting her puzzles together.

We had a family birthday party this year, since she doesn't know that many kids here. I know that next year I'll be doing something more festive than this year. We'll be in our house and we'll have had time to establish more friendships. But that's how the day went. Really simple but good.

No comments: