Wednesday, September 8, 2004

No pain!

I managed to get out of the dentists office without any pain. Can you believe that I only needed a cleaning. A cleaning? Yes, that's all that I needed. They took full x-rays and saw nothing that needed attention. The guy was 65 years old so he comes from the old school of "if it ain't broke then don't fix it". He didn't want to do anything but the cleaning since the x-rays were clear.

Dentist: "So do you floss?"

Me: "I'm not the best at it. I should be like my hubby and do it every night." Of course I had to answer him truthfully because a dentist or hygenist can usually tell if you're not flossing!

Dentist: "Well, your gums and teeth look good."

He said my teeth looked really clean. That he didn't have to do a lot to get them "dentist clean" so I knew that he was telling me the truth.

Let me tell you that I'm pretty shocked that I didn't need a filling or a root canal. I haven't seen a dentist in 2 1/2 years! I thought I'd need something done! But the "Teeth God" shined upon me and I came away unscathed. Best thing is that I only had to pay $12 for the visit. Woohoo!

No comments: