Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Moments of tenderness

Last night I thought about moments in my day that I adore:

Laying in bed with the lights off with my hubby holding hands while we talk before we drift off to sleep.

Spooning my hubby once we get too sleepy to talk. [Yes...I'm the spooner...he's the spoonee...]

The look on my daughter's face when she rounds the corner from her room when she first wakes up in the morning. I say "Prin!" She says "Mommy!" as she runs into my arms for our first hug of the day.

The look on my son's face when he hears his sister. He says "Sissy" and then looks at me as if to say "Well, where is she?"

How I can lay in bed trying to catch a few more minutes of sleep while my son lays next to me playing with my hair (while sucking on his pacifier).

How I get to give my Princess the last hug and kiss before she falls asleep at night.

Holding the bear in a hug as we're cheek to cheek & start going "MMMmmm..." off and on to a rhythm together.

The feel of my hubby's warm lips kissing my forehead before he leaves for work while I'm sleeping in bed.


Did you notice that it's all about kissing & cuddling? Oh... those bits & pieces of my day are just the best.

No comments: