Thursday, February 10, 2005

Bad witness

I was a BAD witness yesterday!

I went to pick up the Princess from preschool yesterday. I was walking around my car to get the Bear out when I heard a CRUNCH sound. We all know that sound. The sound of one car hitting another one. I looked up and saw a red truck had backed into a green Mustang across the street. I didn't think anything of it and continued to go to the Bear's side of the car. Next thing I hear the sound of dirt kicking up. The guy in the truck was taking off! He didn't get out of his truck or anything. He didn't survey the damage. He just took off. I was in shock. My feet were stuck in mud as my mouth lay open in amazement. I couldn't believe it. He just took off.

If I had been a good witness, I would have run over to the street and tried to catch his plate number. But like I mentioned...my feet were stuck in mud. The only thing I could do is write a little note to the owner of the green Mustang.

I saw a red truck with lights attached to the top of its cab bump the back left end of your vehicle at 12:40pm today. I'm sorry, but I wasn't able to get the license plate number.

You see, across the street from the preschool is some open dirt. It's a "NO PARKING" zone. I don't know who parks there. It may be kids from the high school up the street. It might be people who use the tennis courts that are up the street. I just don't know. So that's the note I left the driver. I didn't know what else to do. I did look at the Mustang and there was just a scratch and dent in the back left side panel. It wasn't a major crunch. But I still feel badly that I didn't get the license plate number of that darn red truck. Guilt. Guilt. Guilt.

No comments: