Thursday, February 10, 2005

Did you see Leta?

After reading a famous blog yesterday, I couldn't help but watch a nightly news program that I don't normally watch (we're eating dinner at that time). I knew the interview would be televised as one of the last stories of the night. I sat and was delighted to see the cute-as-a-button Leta on her mother's lap.

It was an interesting bit. I'm going to spout off a couple things that are just my opinion now.

I understand why that Kmart guy was fired. He blogged about confidential information. Sales information? Duh!

Then the flight attendant. She was in her uniform, so I understand why that wasn't appropriate. But it's not like she was saying anything bad, right?

But our girl? It's amazing that even when she didn't name NAMES that folks are still offended by her posts.

The snippet mentioned how having a blog isn't really private. I guess that's why so many of us don't use our real names. We give our family and our friends (our cast) role names. But there are those brave soles (like the gal who was interviewed) who use their names. AND put their photos online for all the world to see. Let me say. I am NOT that brave. Remember. My husband doesn't even know I have a blog. He's oblivious. Would he care? Uh. I don't know. It's not like I have any trade secrets to reveal. Even if I do start to write about things that occurred when I did work. What are they going to do? Fire me? HA!

No comments: