Tuesday, March 8, 2005

tv comments

Not so much tv...but on a couple of my favorite shows.

EM: Home Edition

SEVEN kids? Wow! The house gets hit by a tree? The basement floods when it rains? It was falling apart!

The great room was fantastic. The kitchen was large. The dining area could accommodate all of them. The six kids' bedroom was amazing. I liked the fact that they made it one large space that could be partitioned off when they got older. I wanted to get a better look at the boys' and the girls' bathrooms though! The oldest son's room was cute. At least he got a nice room to himself. Now he can get some private time to study and do his stuff. But then he also got that amazing tree house! Their backyard was unbelievable. I don't know if I agree with the 'water park' business that the landscaper put in. Hopefully it uses recyclable water so they don't have an astronomical utility bill during the summer. And the parents' room? That was cute. Simple colors that the wife TOTALLY loved. They deserved a nice room after living in the basement for two years.

What I didn't agree with? Having TWO pool tables down in that basement. I know those parents need an escape, but couldn't they have madethe 'game room' into a HUGE open play area for the kids downstairs? That way all the kiddos could be in the one space and easily located? That first sitting area could have housed the pool table, right? But WHERE were the safety gates on the stairs? Did no one think to get that family a couple of those? There were two sets of stairs that the kids could get trouble on!

What I found to be a nice touch? That Michael took the time to pick out 'to grow in' clothes for those kiddos. I can't imagine having to buy clothes for that many kids! The fact that Motrin pitched in and got that family nanny service for a year was TERRIFIC! Not that that Mommy is going to be able to relax but at least she'll have another set of eyes to help her wrangle the kids during the day. Whew! Then the scholarship fund that the builder put together? Nice! As a teacher, the Dad of those kids knows the value of a good education. Having that scholarship out there for a goal to work towards for his kids is probably a relief. I can't imagine the burden it must feel like to think THAT far ahead (saving $) for that many kids. Now those kids are set for college...the family just needs to concentrate on getting them through elementary, middle, and high school! That's a feat unto itself nowadays...

24

They finally got rid of Erin. I couldn't get myself to like her character. I just couldn't. So does the Secretary's daughter think something romatic is going on between Erin & her father? That's the way it seemed when she walked in on them hugging. But Tony in charge? That was easy. But short-lived. I can't believe they got that 'replacement' in so quickly. Where was she working? Michele? Dang!

What was that company thinking? I can't believe the CEO was going along with his security guy on that plan of action. Like they think they're going to get away with hiding/deleting information? I should have known something was going to go wrong when Jack's girlfriend said "Take care of Paul." But Jack had to go find that EMP, didn't he?

I LOVE this show! Now more of the old 'regulars' are back! Woohoo!

No comments: