Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Changing the doodies

Changing stations...do you use one?

I'll admit when I got pregnant with the Princess I wanted her to have an awesome room. I wanted a nice crib with a matching dresser and changing station. We got one of those large changing stations with two large, deep drawers along with a cabinet. It was a nice set-up.

Did I use the changing station like I'd anticipated? Nope. I used it regularly when she was a baby and still waking up at night. But once she started to sleep through the night I stopped using it. You see, we had a split level house. We had a main level with the kitchen, breakfast nook, formal living and dining rooms. Upstairs (about 10 steps) had the master bedroom and bath, two bedrooms, and a hall bath. Downstairs (4 steps) we had the family room, two bedrooms, and another hallway bath. Since I spent all my time in the family room, I wasn't about to haul my kiddo upstairs 14 steps to the changing station to get a clean diaper. No way! No how!

The solution? I bought a changing pad that had curved sides and kept it in the family room. The diaper supplies were kept in a large basket. I just changed my kiddos right there in the family room.

Today? I still have that changing pad and the basket. It's just easier to get my boy cleaned up. No going up stairs.

Now how about you? Where do you change your kid's diapers? In their bedrooms? On a changing station?

No comments: