Tuesday, September 6, 2005

Being practical

Who would have thought the idea would ever cross my sister's mind?

"What do you think Dad would say if I wanted to trade in my car for a Scion xB?"

People. Keep in mind. LilSis has a Lexus 300 that my folks purchased for her.

What's amazing is that LilSis is thinking ahead. To when she and Shorty have to pay for themselves. Just the two of them. The thing is that my sister is planning on being in law school next fall, so they'll be living on one income.

"Can we (the two) afford the high car payments (of the Lexus)?"

"Can we afford the premium fuel?"

"Can we afford the luxury vehicle car insurance?"

These are the questions she's been asking herself. A whole gaggle of us went around checking out cars for a couple hours on Saturday. It was me, the Princess, LilSis (who drove), Shorty and my niece.

We all took a good look at the Scion xB. LilSis was impressed with the interior room in the xB. She especially liked the sticker price AND the gas mileage (30city/33hwy) that was on regular unleaded.

I could just HEAR her mind clicking.

I really don't know WHAT my father is going to say to her. I have no idea how he'll react when she broaches the topic with him.

I'm just proud that she's finally thinking of someone other than herself. Looks like she's taking small steps to growing up!

No comments: