Wednesday, September 7, 2005

New adventure

It's fascinating watching the Princess break out of her comfort zone and try new things.

Yesterday? Her class went on their first field trip. They visited the local library. They were shown the nuts and bolts of the operation. It was only for an hour and a half, but it was a nice introduction to the library and to field trips.

This morning? She actually ran around the big playground with a couple of the girls from her class. She's never done it before. I was so ecstatic for her. She seemed uncomfortable the first lap around, so she came back to me to touch base. I had her and her friend give me a 'high 5'.

"Ready, set, go!"

And off they went. By the time the whistle was blown, they had run about 5 laps. The Princess was all smiles. One of the other girls in class came up to the Princess when it was time to line up and said "I saw you running around!" Even she realized what a big step it was for the Princess to let loose.

Oh yeah! We received a progress report on the Princess yesterday in her reading folder. She scored '3A' in all of the categories - 'Meeting all expections'. I'm SO proud of her!

No comments: