Wednesday, September 7, 2005

I wish...I wish...I wish...

Some might think it odd that I haven't written anything about "K", but there's been enough of that on the news. Like with many awful things that happen in the world, I try not to add my thoughts into the fray. It's too depressing. There are enough comments and updates about the situation. So...

Here's a look at the vehicle that I'm wishing about. The one that I hope to get in the next week or so. The one that'll carry my kids through their elementary school years. My kids and a couple of their friends. And hopefully...my parents too if they EVER move out here.

Can you tell what it is? Can you read that tiny little emblem on the back hatch? Yeah...it's a Ford. An AMERICAN car. I didn't go with a foreign one this time around. Growing up, I've always liked foreign vehicles -- Toyota, Volvo, Honda, Saab. I liked the style. I liked the reliability. But this car? The Ford Freestyle attracted my attention right off the bat.

It seats 6 or 7 (depending on the configuration of the 2nd row -- bucket seats versus a 60/40 bench). It's got stadium seating for the back two rows (which until recently was only in the Land/Range Rovers). It's got an option for full side-curtain airbags (from front to rear). It's got reinforced doors for side collisions. All the seats fold so that if you've got to haul something long (think Christmas tree) you can fit it in here. Plus it gets decent gas mileage - 20 city/27 hwy.



Things I want in the car: Full side-curtain airbags, 2nd row bucket seats (to separate my two), 50/50 3rd row, AC controls in the back (to beat the heat in the AZ summer), the pale interior like above, remote entry (a necessity with kids) and that's it. All I want is a secure vehicle for me and my family. Nothing too fancy. I do believe it's got 5 stars in a couple of the governmental crash tests.

Some might say a DVD player is a must but we usually go on our long trips about twice a year. When our drives are less than 2 hours? We don't normally put on a DVD (on a laptop). We chat with the kiddos and listen to music. Yeah...we're weird like that. We may splurge at Christmas and buy one of those that has two LCD screens (see below) that can attach to the headrest. This way both kiddos can see what's on without having to strain their necks in the event we place one kid in the 3rd row and one in the 2nd row for long trips. You parents KNOW what I'm talking about. Things are getting so much more affordable nowadays. Buying this type of thing from the dealer (at bucko-bucks) is not what I want...especially if something goes wrong with it!

So what do you think about my choice? Anyone else have one?

No comments: