Friday, September 16, 2005

It's called a LINE

There I was sitting patiently at the car wash. There are 5 stalls. All full. I park my car about 20 feet back on a diagonal with my blinker on. This way I have access to any of the stalls when one becomes available.

Then a car pulls up behind me. I think nothing of it. Until the guy drives ahead of me and parks his car about 15 feet behind that first stall (which is to my left).

"Hey you. Mister. The one in the silver Lexus. There's a LINE!"

No. I didn't SAY that. But that's what was going through my head.

I didn't do anything. I stayed vigilant watching all the stalls. Then I noticed the guy in the first stall had placed both the sprayer and the brush back on the holders. I got my vehicle into gear and slid in behind the car in the stall. I did this even before the driver in the stall had gotten his car into gear.

That's right folks. There I was RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE LEXUS. I drove my car right in front of him. I didn't care that he was in a Lexus. He was in a button down shirt. He was eating a freaking donut. I knew he wouldn't challenge what I did. I'm SURE he figured out that he was wrong.

No. I wasn't scared. I wasn't nervous. When he went to the change machine to get quarters (the machine is in front of the first stall), I looked right at him. Straight on eye-to-eye. I think I let him know with no words being spoken that he was a putz.

I'm a Mom out washing her car. I'm NOT a doormat. I will NOT be brushed aside. Hear me ROAR!

No comments: