Monday, September 19, 2005

Snippets

The football game date? It was FUN! There's nothing like screaming at the top of your lungs for a couple hours. The screaming was very therapeutic for me. All that pent up Mommy rage gushing out as "cheering for the team!" I yelled more than my Hubs! And I didn't even attend that college.

***************************

Tomorrow (around midday) I'll be headed back to that place where I had an interview on Friday. It was actually the 2nd place I've had an interview. It would be working for a writer. She runs her business out of her garage. She's got two ladies on staff already. The 3rd gal is leaving. The writer has been doing this for 15 years, so it's not a fly-by-night operation. It's legit. It would also be ideal because it's a casual office. Meaning I would NOT have to get gussied up each morning to look presentable. I'd just have to throw a t-shirt and some jeans each day. How fantastic would THAT be? When I told her my minimum hourly rate, she didn't balk. I hope meeting the rest of the staff goes well tomorrow!

***************************

My new car? The one I need to use for the next 6-7 years? It's at the broker. I should be able to pick it up late tomorrow or Wednesday. We chose to use a broker because I wanted a certain configuration. Turns out we aren't going to have to pay sales tax going through the broker too. So that saves some money. Once I pick-up the car, I'll post some photos of it! I am just SO jazzed that I'll have it soon! I actually looked at my current vehicle's mileage range and didn't realize how horrible it is - 16city/20hwy! Another thing that surprised us that our bank is charging us about a point less than the prime interest rate on our loan. A big but terrific surprise because our payments will be a little less than we'd originally thought they'd be.

***************************

I've almost got all my 'ducks' in a row for the Princess birthday party this Saturday. Out of the 15 kids that are invited, I know that 3 aren't going to be able to make it. The two brothers from up the street have to attend a baptism. The one girl in the Princess class broke her arm AND her mother is having minor surgery this Friday.

Did I tell you that it's a Luau themed party? I wanted something different than the Princess theme that everyone my daughter's age seems to be having. I picked up some leis, some Hawaiian themed wall decorations, and some palm-tree centerpieces. The kids are going to sit cross-legged on some straw mats on the back patio. I still have to call the pizza place to figure out when they can deliver Saturday morning. We're also going to have some sandwiches for the adults (who are tired of pizza at these parties) and cut-up fruit & chips with cip to munch on. Oh yeah! I did order the cake today. It's called the "Hawaiian Flower" cake. It's going to be so colorful!

Today, I organized all the give-away bags for the kids. Even the ones who aren't going to make the party have one. I decorated the bags and stuffed them with little goodies. No. NOT CANDY. They are already going to get cake and ice cream. I don't think I need to give them any more sugar. They got little sunglasses. Bookmarks with the shapes of birds, fish, & palm trees on top. Pencils. Glow in the dark bracelets. Bubble containers with fish on top.

I made arrangements for a jumper that'll be in our backyard. We're going to get it at 9am so the Princess and the Bear will be able to have it to themselves for an hour or so. The one thing I'm trying to track down are some temporary tattoos. That way when the kids take a break from the jumper, they can be 'getting' something. I've still got to blow up all the small beach balls that'll be strewn in our backyard. The kids can throw these. Kick these. Whatever.

Hopefully everyone will have a good time!

***************************

And my BIL? He is accepting a job in a different state. This means he'll be about a 7 hour drive away from my ILs. This'll be the first time he'll be living away from them in his entire (36 year) life. He and his fiancee are going to sell the house they have now and purchase one where his job will be. For now, she is going to move in with her parents while he works in this other state. She is currently going to school and wants to finish her studies before she moves out there.

I am SO excited for him and his fiancee. He's actually going it alone. No family to fall back on. It'll be a time to grow up. It'll be a time to be thoroughly independent. A wonderful growing experience.

No comments: