Saturday, November 19, 2005

Valiant try but...

Today we're pretty much stuck at home. There's an annual event that runs through the city. Our main street in and out of our new neighborhood is basically under police control all day. So we scheduled the day for cleaning and what-not.

I started out with laundry this morning. And it's still going on. I hadn't slept well last night so the Hubs told me to lay down with the Bear when he had his nap. As I went into our bedroom, I called out...

"Make sure you keep up with the laundry..."

When I made my way out of our bedroom about 2 hours later, I made a stop at the laundry room. Something was swooshing in the washer. A load was just about done in the dryer. EUREKA!

But as I looked at the piles on the floor and looked closer at what was being processed. The Hubs had only started one load of wash while I was out. The load in the drier was the one that was almot done when I laid down.

"Hmmm...he tried."

Then I heard the washer go off. I went in and moved that load from the washer to the drier. I noted that it was the white load. The one that needed bleach. I took a whiff what was in my hand. And yes. He had indeed added bleach to the load. EUREKA!

But as I looked down at my feet I noticed about 10 things on the floor that had been in the white load. But had not made it into the washer with the rest of the stuff.

"Honey? Why is some of this white load still in a pile on the floor?"

"Oh. I didn't think those things could be bleached."

Okay. He was being cautious. But they were those baby face towels with very faded green stripes on them. And a white tank top. And a pair of white ankle socks. I threw those things in with the beige load. No harm. No foul right?

But as I started the beige load I checked the water setting. COLD/COLD. Ay-yay-yay! He'd washed the white load with bleach on the cold setting!

All I can say is that it was a valiant try. Thankfully he DID try.

No comments: