Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Log jam situation

**If you don’t want to read about bodily functions or are easily grossed out then you should skip this one**


I have been absolutely busy with work. After I drop the kids off, I sit at my desk and I work. I drink from my jumbo coffee cup and tap away on my computer. Endlessly, until I suddenly realize that it’s time to pick up the kids. I forget to do things.

The last thing I thought I would forget is going to the bathroom. Yes. The bathroom.

I sat down recently on the 'seat of honor' when I realized that I hadn’t visited that room to do my ‘business’ in a few days. A FEW DAYS! I am usually a daily kind of girl. But a few days?

I pushed and pushed for about 5 minutes. Nothing. No movement. I realized that I was in trouble.

So I sat. And sat. Relaxing as I sat. I got to read a chapter in a book that’s been in rotation for quite a bit. I don’t know how long I was there. My inner workings were working! I felt that something was happening. I pushed and there was movement. It kept coming and coming. Until sweet relief. I was done.

I fixed myself up and turned to flush. OMG! What I saw in the toilet was not a pretty sight. A HUGE LOG. As I flushed, I thought “I HOPE it goes down!”

But I knew it wasn’t going to happen.

In this age of low flow toilets that thing didn’t move. I don’t think that even the toilets in the malls would have worked. Not even the high and mighty SWOOSH of those airline toilets would have moved that log of mine.

The log was jammed. I had to fix it. Somehow. Break it? YES! That’s right folks. I had to break up the log so that it would disappear. Down the mechanism and off into the pipes away from the house. And no. I didn't use my hands. EWW!! I found an old stick in the kitchen that was from a flower arrangement. It took 3 flushes to get that log clear.

It was gross. It was disgusting. But MAN! I can't imagine having to deal with a backlog (ha-ha) on a regular basis. Those people who are constantly constipated. E-gads!

No comments: