Thursday, January 5, 2006

You're doing what?

Y'all know I've got a tense relationship with my ILs. Actually, I adore my FIL. It's my MIL that I usually have issue with.

Remember when I told you that they accepted an offer on their house last week? Well, my MIL and my husband had an interesting conversation when she called him with that news.

She asked my husband to come up there (2 hours away) to help them move.

What? HUH?

Wait. Wasn't this the woman who balked when my husband asked my FIL to come down here to help us move our stuff to our new house? Mind you. We just moved in April 2005. And we have two children underfoot.

My MIL and my FILs reaction to our question puzzled us to no end. They acted like we'd requested them to cut off their hand or something. That's why we ended up hiring movers.

My husband? He is actually going to drive up there on a Thursday after work. Spend the night. And help them move on a Friday. He didn't seem to remember the reason we ended up with professional help last year. He seems to have blocked it out.

Well, he blocked it out until I mentioned it to him in great detail. He shrugged. And made a funny face.

He is SUCH the good son. I would have called out any family member of mine on their bad behavior. But none of my family would have acted like that...so....

I just have to say that my MIL is such a BEE-OTCH!!!!

No comments: