Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Figure skating entertainment

Last night, the young ladies started their competition at the Olympics. This is my most favorite thing to watch in the Olympics so we had to watch it after dinner.

He was busy playing and running around. Suddenly he froze. In front of the television. He saw women's figure skating for the first time.

I don't remember which lady was skating. But there she was. Lifting her leg as she glided across the expanse of ice. Then she jumped and turned in the air. A triple flip.

"WOW! Look aht dat!"

"I see her Buddy. Can you do it too?"

Oh my goodness. He lifted his right leg in front of him. Then he looked at the tv. Then he jumped and twisted in the air. Then he looked at the tv. Lifted his leg behind him and balanced.

The entertainment value was. Through. The. Roof.

Thankfully, I taped the rest of last night's program as the kids had to get into bed before the end of the show.

This morning I played the tape and the kids were mesmerized. Getting ready for school was a piece of cake. They watched. They listened to me. They didn't want to miss any of the jumping. The spinning. The fast foot work.

What have YOUR kids enjoyed watching during this Olympics?

No comments: