Friday, February 24, 2006

Give me, give me, GIVE ME!

I saw something over the weekend that I found totally ridiculous. I've tried to shake off the need to write about it but I can't. So here it goes....

I looked at my younger sister's wedding registry.

It's horrible. It's embarrassing. It's ludicrous.

They are asking for WAY too much stuff.

Granted, the wedding have about 250 people in attendance.

But the items ON the wedding registry are out of order. I mean, for my own sensibilities.

I happened to mention my initial reaction of what I saw on the registry to my older sister when I spoke to her on Wednesday. She told me that she saw someone else's wedding registry a couple months ago and they ALSO had the same caliber of items that I saw on my younger sister's.

What do the wedding books say nowadays?

Shouldn't the items being placed on a wedding registry still be basically the same as its been for the last 100 years?

As I recall, you place your selections for bedroom linens, bathroom linens, small kitchen appliances and utensils, and casual and formal dinnerware, flatware, and glassware. I know that a lot of couples nowadays have incorporated their need for home improvement. I've seen couples ask for gift cards to Lowes or Home Depot. I don't mind that. That's practical.

But the stuff I saw?

I have to tell you. The workout equipment? The side & coffee tables? The breakfast nook table? The bookcases? The desk? The dressers? The couch, chair, and ottoman? The iPod?


Now...can you see why I'm a bundle of nerves about this?


Talk about serious GIVE ME!

Shouldn't my sister and her fiancee be furnishing their home with THEIR money? Looking at their various registries makes the two of them seem so selfish. It's not only the the type of items, it's the COST of these items.

I just don't understand how the two of them can even put that stuff on a list. Like they deserve it or something. I guess if they put it on there they must think it's okay.

But me? And my older sister? WE BOTH THINK IT'S RIDICULOUS!

No comments: