Sunday, April 30, 2006

They survived

The kidlings and the hubby survived.

Survived?

Yes. Survived having me away for about 5 days.

There was a conference that my boss wanted our entire team to attend. So I flew out on a Sunday and returned late on Thursday. I didn't see the kidlings until Friday afternoon!

But it was a good break for us all.

I think the Hubs understand my hectic weekday mornings. Getting up quickly and getting the kids ready. No leisurely bowl of cereal. No catching up on the news. Just get up and go. Go. GO! Then trying to cram an entire day's worth of work into 6 hours. And then picking them up and getting dinner ready.

The Hubs didn't do it all on his own. My MIL drove down on Wednesday to pitch in. She had the Bear at home on Thursday.

But I must tell you that I had a BLAST being gone. Of course, I packed WAY too much. I brought work and casual outfits. I only really had time to wear my work outfits.

I was able to meet 95% of my co-workers. The one guy didn't fly in because his wife just had a baby two weeks ago. The rest of the team? Totally fun.

There are 8 guys and 2 ladies that work at the main office. Then there's me, the guy who hired me, and 2 new ladies here. Then we've got a couple more guys and one more lady in other cities. I'll give you more details on these folks later on.

They had us booked into a little boutique hotel. And it was so nice! I had a room and a bed ALL TO MYSELF! And a shower with HOT water. Ahhh....

I only took a taxi we drove in from the airport and when I went back to the airport. The rest of the time we walked. And I lugged my laptop with me each day.

We had some awesome food. And I drank a little. Totally got tipsy on Monday night.

But the airline sucked. No more America's Worst for me. Now that they've merged with that other airline it totally sucks. The planes felt old. I didn't feel the safest. And the seats were all cramped up! Yuck!

I've tossed out a lot of stuff in this entry. I'll get into more detail this week.

AND....this week I'll be seeing my family. The BIG WEEKEND is upon us! This weekend my sister is getting married! So I'm sure I'll be writing a lot more than I have been the last couple months. YAH!

No comments: