Monday, May 8, 2006

Fun all around

I had a wonderful time this weekend.

Yes. I know. I was dreading it but I had a good time.

There was a little drama but not with my family.


The Hubs, the kidlings, and I drove out on Thursday afternoon. We got there around 10:30pm. We stayed at a hotel that was a new one for us. It was called the Staybridge Hotel. The reason I made a reservation there was because it was less than 1.5 miles from my parents' house. And because it was a 2 bedroom suite. YES! TWO BEDROOM suite! What was the best was that it was the same price as the 1 bedroom suite hotel that was 5 miles away from my parents house. So we were able to stay closer to my parents at the same price and have more space. So one bedroom had two double beds and one bedroom had a queen bed. PLUS it had two bathrooms!

You know what we ended up doing? The Princess took one double bed with my hubby in the other one. I ended up sleeping with the Bear in the queen bed. Yeah....go figure that one...

What's even more amazing about staying at this hotel? It had a 24/7 little store with snacks and personal items along with breakfast. Not just the regular continental breakfast. They had HOT food every morning. SERIOUSLY! Friday morning they had breakfast burritos, scrambled eggs, and ready-made oatmeal. They also had 7 cereals, yogurt, boiled eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, juices, coffee, bagels, toast, and fruit. HA!

It was the BEST place to stay for a family. Lots of room to spread out in the suite. AND breakfast food that everyone could eat. We didn't have to go out to eat each morning.

What I found out too late was that the pool that I saw in back courtyard was actually a HEATED pool. So we could have taken a swim even though it was cloudy outside...next time!

But there is MORE to tell you about our weekend away.

I leave you with a shot of me after we got my makeup on. I ended having my hair up in an up-do....think Audry Hepburn style bun with smooth sidesweep up front. This is glammed up as you'll ever see my face so I thought I'd share it (even though I'm in mid-sentence).

No comments: