Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Going according to plans

Last night, I noticed a flashing sign as I crossed under the freeway on the way home.

Road Closed 5/9/06

6:30pm - 5am

Road construction. Fine.

Move to this morning as I'm headed out to drop the kids off.

The main road is full. FULL? All the lanes are stacked with cars.

The road construction?

It wasn't done at 5 this morning.

It was 7:45am and the road STILL hadn't been opened yet.

As I sat at the light before I got to the closed intersection, I noted some orange vest moving some pylons (sp?) so I went straight instead of taking the detour.

I was in the first set of cars to go through the re-opened intersection. YEAH!

But the road was closed almost 3 hours PAST the posted time.

@^$^$@^

Can you just imagine how many people ended up being late for work today?

No comments: