Monday, August 7, 2006

The Ugh and YEAH of life

All I can say is NO MORE SHRIMP for me!

Last night, we picked up some Chinese take-out. I had some mixed veggies with shrimp. I started to feel quesy an hour or so after dinner. I already had a HUGE headache. Pounding. Pounding. Pounding in my head.

My husband's solution?

"Honey, drink some more water."

Thanks for your concern, but water can only do so much.

I felt like I was barely functioning by the time we got the kids into bed. I was short-tempered and unable to focus. I took a shower. I thought that the HOT water would sooth away the pains in my head. But no. It didn't work this time around.

I was in bed by 9:15pm. The Hubs decided to sleep upstairs in the guest room in case I was "catching".

By 10pm, the porcelain goddess and I were best friends. And it wasn't pretty. It was the kind of volatile action that I hadn't felt in years. Usually I have very calm 'releases'. This came in surges.

The porcelain goddess and I exchanges hugs about 3 times last night. I didn't feel right until the very last bit of that shrimp dinner had exited. The sweet delirium of sleep finally came upon me. Ahhhh....

***************************

The joy of life happened today. The FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

Woohoo! Woohoo! Woohoo!

The Princess didn't even want me to walk into the school with her. She marched in line into the school along with the other 1st graders.

Last year, I had to walk into school with her until about halfway through the school year. And then she ended up crying her 4th morning drop-off. Her teacher had to take the Princess out of my arms.

Right now, the Princess is doing her homework. 15 minutes of reading out loud. She's actually up to 20 minutes. When I told her she was 15 minutes, she protested!

"Mom! I want to READ longer!"

Ha! I'm happy that she's happy to be back in the groove!

No comments: