Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Did you do it?

I did. I VOTED! I'm wearing my sticker with pride. How about you?

My parents would be proud. Since we were little, they always stressed to us how important it is to vote. What I voted for wouldn't necessarily end up winning but the fact that I put my 2 cents into any kind of poll -- THAT was what was key. That I tried to effect the outcome. That I did something. I just didn't stand by and "let" it happen.

I thought that if I didn't vote that I didn't have any right to make any complaints on the outcome. It's true. If I didn't take the time or make the effort to vote than I couldn't say a thing.

Hopefully more than 75% of the people out there will vote. Yeah right. We all know that isn't going to happen. But if you don't vote? Please don't complain. You had all the time to register and to make it to the polls (or request an absentee ballot).

And if where YOU stand isn't on the winning side? Well, we all tried. That's what should stand out in your mind. Don't get nasty about the turn-out. Don't start bad mouthing the opposition. If you're not happy then take steps for the next election. Join your party's volunteer group. I know they each have local volunteer branches that make calls to registered voters. You can help your representatiave win. Become active.

No comments: