Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Sneaking in some shopping

Yes. I work from home but I rarely leave the house after I've dropped the kidlings off at school. I sit in our home office and work. And work. And work. Pretty boring.

But today? I planned on leaving the house an hour early before I was due to pick up the Princess. I was going to hit Tar-jay to get some smaller holiday gifts. I made it off the freeway and was about to turn left onto the street.

[Ring-ring-ring]

Me: Hello?
Pastor D: Hi Grace? It's Pastor D.
Me: "Oh hi.....what's up?"
Pastor D: All the kids in the 3-year-old class are waking up from their naps right now. We noticed that the Bear's eyes are all swollen up. It might be pink-eye?
Me: Oh....I'm just out about to run an errand...I'll be there in a couple minutes.

Yeah. So instead of turning left, I shot over and made a right turn. I was at the daycare in less than 5 minutes. My sneak daytime shopping spree was cancelled. No way am I heading into Tar-jay with my little guy. No freaking way!

When I got to the daycare, the Bear was sitting up in the front on one of the cushioned benches. Both his upper and lower eyelids were swollen. It looked like someone had punched him in the eyes! My poor little guy. When we got home, I had him take off his school clothes and noticed some red splotches on his arms and body. Uh-oh. HIVES! I gave him some Benadryl and let him watch some tv. An hour later I did a body check? All clear. His left upper eyelid is still slightly swollen but MUCH better than earlier today.

So the Princess had hives. The Bear just had his first bout of hives. Now what would connect the two events? I've been straining my brain this afternoon. And I think I've found the culprit. My perfume. The perfume that I rarely use. When I do use the perfume I spray a little on me and I spray some on my clothes. And my kidlings? When they cuddle with me? Place their little faces right where I spray the scent on. So that perfume is in the trash. My clothes from the past couple days are now in the laundry washing in HOT with an extra rinse to make sure any residue is washed off.

Hopefully my analysis is correct. I'll let you know if the kids break out again....

No comments: