Wednesday, July 18, 2007

It'll be THIS one

The Hubs received an official offer from the local company yesterday. He has since contacted them and accepted the offer. YEAH!

I'm much happier about the ways things have worked out than I'm leading the Hubs to believe. You see, the non-local job was something I believe he SERIOUSLY wanted. Prestigious company. Not having to manage anyone. Having to do work but not having to rely on anyone above or below him to provide him with pieces of the puzzle. You know?

But the fact that he's going to stay in town. Have a plain old 8 to 5 job. I'm really happy.

He'll be starting NEXT Wednesday. So he's got a couple days to go through his wardrobe to determine if he needs any additional items. I'm thinking a couple more pairs of dress slacks. It's a button-down with tie environment. I know he's got plenty of dress shirts and ties, but the slacks that go along with? I'm not so sure. Especially since he's gained a few pounds since he's been home.

HE is happy that he'll have a paycheck. He hasn't seen one of those since end of April. He's enjoyed being at home and bonding with the kids more but he's happy that a paycheck will be coming in about 3 weeks. And since it'll be a 8 to 5 job, he'll still be able to help get the kids up and ready for school. AND he'll be able to be home for a reasonable dinner time. YEAH!

No comments: