Friday, July 20, 2007

Technology Meme

Here's a MEME that's been going around. Play if you want. I'm too tired to think up a real entry of my own...

Cell phones
  1. How long have you had a cell phone? I've had a phone since 1991. My first job out of college was at a start-up cellular phone company. I had a cell phone that was the size of a briefcase. I carried it in my car and didn't move it. Now? My personal cell is a bright blue SANYO flip phone. It's a basic cell. No camera. No big screen. No web access. My work cell is a Treo.
  2. How much do you use it? I use my personal cell once or twice a day. The Hubs and I use our cell phones exclusively. We have no home landline.
  3. Do you get jittery without it? Nope. I can be without my personal one at any time. My work one? I have to have it with me from 8 to 5 every day or else I feel lost.

Computers
  1. How many computers in your house? 5 in all. This includes two work laptops (one is broken), 2 personal desktops and 1 personal laptop.
  2. How much time do you spend on the computer in a day? 8 hours minimum for work. Normally it turns out to be about 10 per day for work. That's why I'm spending less time doing personal stuff after I log off from work.
  3. How does the time break down? (work/play/email/blogs/etc.) 99% work / 1% everything else
  4. If your computer malfunctions, what do you do? - I turn off my computer and restart it normally. It's usually as easy as that.

Meta
  1. What techno-gadget would you most like to own? What I REALLY want to get is a recordable DVD player. Simple enough eh? Is that even considered a techno-gadget? The Hubs though wants a wide-screen HDTV.
  2. Of those you own (including PDA, iPod, etc.), which would you miss most acutely if you dropped it in the lake accidentally while canoeing? I'd be busted because my Treo is work equipment.
  3. What's something you'll never buy? (Careful with the nevers, though, says this brand new cell phone owner.) A handheld GPS. I like maps.

No comments: