Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Picture DAY!

The Princess has Picture Day today!

Can you believe it? It's only the start of the 4th week in school and they're taking pictures? At least we're getting over with it.

As she showered last night, we chatted about getting ready for the day. What outfit she'd be wearing. That I needed her to eat her breakfast and get changed, so we'd have time to really concentrate on her hair. And how DID she want her hair to be styled? If I give her this information the night before, she knows what I expect of her. You'd think she'd get ready without a fuss every morning, but that's not the case. She pulls the "I'm tired" thing at least once a week. She loves to drag her body around like it pains her to be awake. But as long as she's ready by the time we need to get out the door then I'm okay with it. I can normally get her into a good mood by the time she gets dropped off at the gate. I like our morning alone in the car. Our 10 - 15 minutes of singing and chatting. Just the girls.

Anyway, like I said, she'll be taking her 2nd Grade Photo today. I still can't believe she's in SECOND grade! She's in a bright pink short sleeved top with some gathering up along the neckline. She'll have two ponytails tied behind her ears and braids pulled forward over her shoulders. She's just a beauty in my eyes no matter what she wears. And....do you know what she's going to be thinking when the photo is being taken? An ice cream cone! I told her to think of something yummy and delicious when they take her photo. This way she emits a genuine twinkle in her eyes. Her big brown eyes.

And in just a blink of an eye, I'll soon be telling you about my 16 year old having picture day. In a blink of an eye, my 2nd grader will be in high school. I know it. My beautiful girl. But for now, I relish in the fact that my girl and I still talk. I relish that she finds me in the morning to give me a hug. That if she's in a grumpy mood, I can help her improve her spirits. I can't wait to see the photo that'll capture my girl as she is right now.

No comments: