Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Menstrual Migraine anyone?

Y'all....I think I might suffer from this.

I realized that I had a migraine during my last couple of "womanly" days. My head hurt in the back left lower side. It was like a vice. I know my headache wasn't from being dehydrated because I was conscious about drinking loads of water (not soda or tea). Even after I took a couple Tylenol, the headache was still there. The meds toned down the pain but it was still lingering there. Even taking a nap didn't help. Does anyone suffer from this? I researched it a little on the web but I want to hear from ladies who actually suffer from this. Anyone? Advice?

I've actually scheduled a visit to a new general doctor this Thursday. I rarely get sick so I don't yet have a regular doc. But I found this one that is JUST around the corner! Less than 3 minutes away - door to door. That'll be nice when and if I ever do get sick. But this first visit will be a general consultation. I wanted to go in to go over stuff since I am getting older. I'm on the verge of a new decade [gulp]. I want to get some blood drawn to check my levels (cholesterol, sugar, etc) and get an assessment of my overall health. I want to schedule a mammogram and discuss the possibility of other baseline tests I should get.

I also think I've got carpal tunnel -- the early stages -- so I'd like to discuss what I can do for that. The tips of my fingers have been tingly and I'm getting a little numbness in my wrist. I definitely want to get some professional advice on this as I work on my computer every day. Anyone suffering from carpal tunnel have any feedback on what I can do for this?

I'm just glad I was able to get into this new doc so quickly. I just called this morning and I'm seeing her (yes my first lady doc in ages) on Thursday. Hopefully the follow-up visits will be scheduled just as quickly. That would be fabulous!

No comments: