Thursday, September 6, 2007

Witnessed this morning

A parent stopped on the far side of the parking lot of the Princess' school. This person wasn't in a space. Just stopped on the right side of the parking lot. His child (who looked like a kindergartner) got out on the right side of the vehicle and commenced RUNNING across the parking lot without glancing right or left. I could have RUN that child over if I hadn't stopped.

As I drove down the highway, way off in the distance I saw a small pick-up truck on the left emergency parking lane. I saw it because it had its hazards flashing. I then saw some movement. There was a guy running down the leftside of the highway towards traffice. Turns out something he was hauling in the back of his truck had fallen off. It was a ladder! Thankfully, the fallen item was also in the left emergency parking lane and NOT in the leftmost fast lane.

Another mile down the highway, I saw a guy walking in the right emergency parking lane going with the traffic. Just walking. There was NO vehicle anywhere on the rightside of the highway. So I have no idea why this guy was walking out there. Any clue?

And there was a TON of rain this morning. I woke to the pitter-patter of rain on our house. It was weird! There's usually rain at the end of the day this type of year, but fresh rain in the morning? The kids and I watched the rain as we sat in the breakfast nook while they ate breakfast (dry cereal for the Princess and oatmeal for the Bear).

What was funniest though was that the kids went off for the day in jackets. JACKETS with hoods! Thankfully, I had some lightweight jackets in the closet for them. I mean, it rained today but it's still 80 degrees out there!

No comments: