Monday, October 22, 2007

Where are they tonight?

My folks and 2 sisters live in San Diego. And you all know that there are a couple fires going at this time.

My folks, LilSis and Shorty live in an area that is pretty close to one of the fires. They haven't been TOLD to evacuate, but they're heading out in a little bit. My Mom is nervous about the situation. She wants to be pro-active rather than reactive. She'd rather head out now while the night is young, rather than be woken up in the middle of the night and having to race away from danger. My Mom is also worried about the air quality. My Dad isn't in the best of health and breathing in that smoky air isn't going to do him any good.

I just got off the phone with LilSis and they're packing stuff into the 3 cars. They are heading out to Sis#2 and Jello's house. Sis#2 lives in the North Coastal section and is away from any current danger. I spoke with Sis#2 and she is now getting the house ready. Getting blankets, sheets, towels and pillows out. She's got a nicely laid out home. It's a one story and it's spread out. Enough space for my parents, LilSis and Shorty to be comfortable in.

Now do you know anyone in San Diego? Have you touched base with them? Are they at home or are they evacuated? I know I feel relieved knowing my family is safe and out of danger. Blessings to all. I hope your families and friends are also safe.

No comments: