Sunday, December 9, 2007

Another rainy day

What is going on?

People? I woke up this morning and noticed that the only "light" int he house was from the holiday lights strung up on the banister and the snowman/reindeer on the planter ledge. Where WAS the SUN? The sun was no where to be seen. I looked outside and it's cloudy. AGAIN. It's been raining off and on since I woke up.

My complaint?

It rained last weekend. Actually, it rained Thursday afternoon to Saturday night last week.

And this weekend, the rain started a little bit on Friday and has continued to now. And it's still continuing to rain.

But the rest of the week? No rain. NO RAIN! The rain just waited until it was the weekend. That's how I feel. It made yesterday's trip to the mall not the most fun. When it's rainy, I feel like just chillin' at home. But we did go to the mall and we did a little bit of shopping. But we had to wear jackets because it was freezing (well here for AZ) and windy. I mean, it was 47 degrees on our drive to the mall! By 10am, it's normally around 60 degrees at the lowest. So this winter storm really made it cold. And what sucks about having to wear a jacket, is that once you're inside the mall you want to take off your jacket. And WHO ends up carrying said jacket(s)? The Mommy does!

So we're going to hang at the house today. I've got some craft materials. I'm thinking the kids will "make" some paper ornaments. Last night, we made a really long colored-paper chain that we'll put up in their play area. They've got a miniature tree with colored lights, so the paper chain will go nicely with the color scheme.

What do you do when you're "inside" for the day with your kids?

No comments: