Friday, December 21, 2007

She's a maniac

Lordy bee! That's how I'm going to be tonight.

Tonight is the last night that I can really wrap gifts. The last package of goodies came via UPS yesterday afternoon -- after the kids came home for the day. So there was no way I could wrap until after they were asleep. But alas...that didn't happen either. I got wrapped up with some online stuff. Tonight! Tonight! I've got about 10 gifts I need to wrap and HIDE. Oy! For some of you, wrapping ten presents is no big thing. But for me? It's going to be a challenge.

The sound of ripping paper. The crinkling of paper. That'll definitely get the kids attention if they are not totally asleep. I know my kids. The sound of crinkling paper will just attract them like bees to honey.

Then there is the HIDING of the gifts in a convenient location.

I have to get it done. I will. I know I will. But I'm just stressing about it. I'm sure when it's all done I'll be happy as a clam.

But tomorrow? I'm going to have to PACK enough clothing/stuff for the kids and myself for 6 days. SIX DAYS! I'll probably end up having to use my Mom's washer/dryer. Our first real get-away since forever. We haven't been away for 6 full days since the kids were born. So it'll be an adventure. LOTS of family time. And time to explore San Diego. We're planning on going to Scripps Aquarium and the Space Theater. It's going to be FUN!

No comments: