Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Spreading the holiday cheer

This morning the gals at $tarbuck$ made my day.
Me: Grande Gingerbread Latte please?
Barista: Sure...I'll give you a Venti if you sing a little bit of Jingle Bells.
Me: Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way! Oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horsed open sleigh. HEY! Oh wait? Or did you want...Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock? [cracking up laughing]
Barista: [laughing with me] Naw...you got it! Venti coming up for ya!
She went off and started my drink.
Cashier: So you got a Grande?
Me: Uh. Yes...and a pumpkin loaf please.
Cashier: Okay. Now do you make coffee at home?
Me: Oh yeah! If I'm not here picking one up then I'm making something at home.
She hands me one of those bags of coffee grinds when she gives me the pumpkin loaf.

THEY ARE SO NICE! Totally made my day. Who knew that a little smile, singing, and laughter could get me more coffee for free?

No comments: