Monday, March 17, 2008

Can you believe there's only been ONE meltdown?

It's Monday -- the third day of Spring Break.

Many more days left to go, but there's only one meltdown today! Ha-HA!

Who had the meltdown? The Princess. She didn't do something I was telling her, so I turned off a movie that was playing on the tv. I mean, she completely broke down. It was crazy. I couldn't believe that she lost it. But, alas, it's to be expected.

What was nice about today is that we let the kiddos sleep in. The Hubs didn't wake the kids like he normally does. I kind of expected the Bear to be up at the crack of dawn like normally would be. But NO! The Princess walked into the office at around 6:45am. She wasn't hungry, so she read a book. Around 7:45am, I realized that I hadn't heard the Bear at all yet. So the Princess and I walked upstairs to wake the little guy up. But NO. He heard the Princess' pounding feet up the stairs and he was walking out of the room when we got up there. It was all smiles and hugs. That is the best thing first thing in the morning. The BEST!

We actually did "lessons" this morning. I had the kids sit down and do some school stuff. Writing letters, identifying written numbers, a couple hidden picture pages, and some identification of sequences for the Bear. The Princess did her spelling homework (20 words written 5 times each) and a math test (25 problems). It was good. It took about an hour and they were so KIND to each other. Lots of encourage words and smiles to each other across the table. It was SO nice. Watch....tomorrow they'll fight like cats and dogs!

Anyway, so far I'm surviving. Right now, the two are watching a DVD that we rented at Blockbuster. That allows me about 1.5 to 2 hours of peace. Ah.....

No comments: