Thursday, March 20, 2008

Gosh...it's on the verge of Friday!

The week has slipped away from me. I can't believe I've missed doing any personal surfing and blogging this week.

I've been busy trying to wrap my head around all my new work tasks and getting all the backlog caught up. I've been busy trying to keep the kiddos occupied (and not fighting). I've been busy with the regular house stuff, which only gets complicated because both kids are home.

ARGH....Calgon! Take me away!

But it's been a good week though. The kiddos have been pretty well behaved. Even today when the security repairman came by. In the last week, our fire alarm that is tied into our security system has gone of twice. TWICE! And both times were when we were giving the kids their showers. Thankfully, the Hubs got it into his head that he had to get a repair person out here after it happened the second time. I didn't have to tell him! Anyway, the incident happened Monday and the repair guy came today (Thursday).

The guy took about 15 minutes and that was it. But what I did find out is that the fire alarms THEY use are more sensitive than the ones the home builders put in. And as their alarms age....they get more sensitive. Thus....the reason why our alarms went off when we were giving the kids their showers. The heat and moisture set it off. And we had the fan in the bathroom on too!

Once the repair person cleaned out the alarm, he had to "test" it out. So I had the kids run outside and play. Because the alarm? It's so FREAKING LOUD!

The kids ended up playing out there for about 25 minutes or so. I ended up leaving them in the back after the repair guy left. I made their lunch in peace...and Q-U-I-E-T....

It's now 11pm...and I'm sleepy...so that's all you're getting for now. Hopefully I'll be able to browse and write over the weekend.

Let me know you've dropped by....give me some inspiration!

No comments: