Saturday, March 15, 2008

Hold me!

Today (Saturday) is the first official day of Spring Break in our area.

Yesterday was the last day of school for the Princess until March 24. They had no afterschool clubs yesterday, so I had to pick her up at 3pm. This is MUCH better than the elementary schools near our house. The kids who attend our area elementary schools had a half day on Thursday AND Friday! WTF?

Anyway, I'll have 9 full days with BOTH kids at home. NINE glorious days. Hopefully I won't want to strangle either one of them at any point during that period. But you never know? pft....you ALL know I'm joking about that. I adore my children. I just don't appreciate their BEHAVIOR sometimes. The tattle-tailing. The "nanee-nanee-nanee" voices at each other. The pretend hitting that turns into real hitting. Oh...all that wonderful kid behavior that happens when they're tired or tired of each other.

What's even better? Is that last night the Hubs starts to not feel well. Oy! Right now he's in the guestroom still zonked out. It's 8am already. He's still out. He went to bed around 9:30pm last night. Did you calculate that? He's been in that room for 10 1/2 hours! I hope to all heck he feels better once he emerges out of there.

Like I said it's 8am on Saturday. And I'm supposed to be on a conference call right now. But alas, the gal I'll be speaking with is in transit from her IL's to her home. She already Skyped me to tell me she'd be late. I'm thinking I won't get on the call until at least 8:45 or 9am. But jeez....I did want to get it over with this morning. Ho-hum....

So for the next 9 days, don't be surprised if you get some complaining posts. I'll probably be venting on here...rather than venting so much at the kids and the Hubs. Wish me luck y'all.

No comments: