Tuesday, March 11, 2008

He LOVES people

On the drive home from picking up the Princess, the kids typically consume a small snack. This keeps them quiet in the car (read that as keeps them from arguing) and keeps their tummies full enough until we eat dinner.

On yesterday's drive home, the Bear started laughing hysterically. He definitely was NOT eating a snack. We had just exited off the freeway and were waiting for our light to turn green so that we could get onto the main road.

I looked behind me really quick and noticed the Bear (who sits behind me) leaning toward the middle of the car. Then I saw him suddenly move towards his window. Then he started laughing again.

To the left of us was a bus. Not a school bus. One of those large touring buses with tinted windows. Apparently, the folks sitting on the right side of the bus were playing peek-a-boo with the Bear. I mean we weren't even sitting there 30 seconds before the antics started.

I guess the Bear did look like a cool dude with his black sunglasses and his sweatshirt hood on his head. Like he'd just finished a swim or a workout.

The people on the bus who were playing with the Bear? A guy and TWO girls! I guess it was a team that was being driven to or from a meet of some kind. Looked like college-aged kids.

But can you believe that the Bear had struck up a friendly game in that little time? He seriously loves people and just DRAWS THEM IN with his easy smile and friendly manner. Like a moth to the flame. I just can imagine his methods when he's a teenager!

No comments: