Monday, March 10, 2008

Two in one?

As you know, I was lucky enough to find a job -- virtual and part-time. Halleluia!

I must tell you that I also found a little sidecar job. Sidecar job? Yes. It's something that is so totally part-time. Barely anything compared to a full-time job that is. The job? I have to write one article per day. ONE article. It's nothing for most folks, but it's going to a steady bit of pocket change. Just enough income for the little things I always get for the kids. The crayons. The markers. The paints. The art paper. The activity books and stickers.

Today was my first day writing an article. It went well. I was able to finish it 1.5 hours before my designated deadline. I wasn't sure if it was good enough. I kept on adding and subtracting portions of it for at least a half hour. I had to finally step away and come back and re-read it. Then I sent it off. The person I work for said I did a great job. Hopefully that was a sincere bit of praise. I've got a fragile ego.

Hopefully it'll continue to go as smoothly as it did this morning.

Right now? It's noon. But I'm not hungry. The Bear had a snack about 2 hours ago, but I'm not sure if he's hungry yet. I may just step out and take a walk with him. Maybe take some pictures. Get some fresh air. We've finished his lessons for today already, so we've got the rest of the day basically free until we need to pick up the Princess.

Yes....I'm stepping out. I just opened the shutters in the office and it's another gorgeous day. I'd better get as much fresh air now while it's beautiful. In another month or so, it'll start getting too hot to get out.

No comments: