Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Interesting development

Two exciting events to tell you about!!!!!

**************************

LilSis and Shorty have closed on their townhouse. Since they are comfortably living with my parents at this time, they aren't moving immediately. They are going to take a couple weeks to paint the place first. LilSis is VERY excited to be on the cusp of moving into a place that'll be just theirs. A place where there are no roommates. Just the two to them. I'm ecstatic that they are starting this new chapter in their lives.

**************************

We're expecting a new baby to join the family. No. Not me! It's not LilSis either. It's actually on the Hubs' side of the family. No. My SIL did not self-impregnate using a turkey baster. Ha-ha! I think that's the only way she'll get pregnant. Okay. That wasn't nice, but she was the one that my MIL was expecting to get tons of grandkids out of. This is a thought she's had since my SIL was a young kid. My MIL never thought that the Hubs would get married and start a family. He was too quiet and reserved as a kid. But go figure that HE is the one with two kidlings.

So who does that leave? The Hubs' brother and his wife are expecting. This is the couple that never wanted kids because they love to travel. Their two dogs were enough responsibility. But I do think the fact that my other SIL...the married-in SIL's brother and his wife just had another baby. I think my other SIL was kind of influenced by that fact and ta-da! is now expecting. The baby is due in October, so she's just about 2+ months along.

The Hubs and I are very happy about this. We love the fact that our kids will have a cousin from HIS side of the family. Someone younger than them. We're telling the kids that THEY can be fantastic older cousins to this little one just like Sis#2's oldest son is with them. He plays with them. Let's them tag along. He's older...in junior high...and he's so patient with them.

No comments: