Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Getting things together

You might think it's strange but I've started getting things organized. Organized in boxes. In boxes for moving.

Anal much?

Yes. That would be me. Me. Me. ME!

I decided to keep my initial scope small. Hopefully, small AND manageable. Photos and art work.

I've been editing the kids artwork as well. THAT is a hard one. I love their creations. But alas it gets to be SO much. I'm keeping the "best" items. But it's hard to decide sometimes. I had things stacked in a bunch of places. Above the refrigerator. That gap between the cabinets at the top there? Yes. There. Then there's the the spot up the guest bedroom. Then there's the box I had when we moved here. It was fun looking through the stacks. Such adorable pieces of artwork.

Since we've moved into this house I haven't been consistently placing photos into one location. I take digitals now so I rarely have packets of photos like when the Princess was first born. Then there are the yearly class photos. Even the Bear took yearly preschool photos. Then the photos with Santa. I had to gather all those things up and put them in chronological order. I think I found things in at least 4 different places. I some items in a box. I had some items in my nightstand drawer. I had some at my desk. And then up in the guest bedroom. Yeah. Scattered all over the place!

I did end up with tears looking at the photos though. The Princess was SO little. She didn't have much hair until she was 2. But her smile? Oh...her smile. What a lovely smile. The smile along with her nose crinkle. Totally made EVERYONE melt when they would see her. My little peanut....she's now such a big girl. [sigh]

But I'm glad I was able to look through the photos in silence. Relish in them without having to avoid sticky fingers. I love my kids but I don't enjoy the destruction they can do.

I'm sure you're thinking that those little faces COULDN'T cause me heartburn. Uh...they can. Under those big eyes and cute smiles hide a dark side. The dark side that each person in this world possesses. They can try my patience. They can cause exhaustion. But they're mine. They're my children. My kidlings that the Hubs and I made with our love. The two that I love with all my heart.

No comments: